Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Stuff I Ate

More random meals! Yay! These are always my favorite posts. As usual, I've got more random pics than I have time to post tonight, so I'm posting a few today and some more tomorrow. Today's theme is breakfast and brunch!

I'll start with Sunday brunch since it's the most important meal of the week. Most Sundays, my bitches and I go to Imagine Vegan Cafe. But this past Sunday, only Megan was available, and she was scheduled to work at Imagine that night (side note: all of the brunch bitches work at Imagine, except for me). She was willing to eat there and then go to work there, but I suggested we meet at our friends Nigel and Andrea's secret brunch club instead so Megan didn't have to spend all day at Imagine. Megan was all for that!

Chef Nigel does Sunday brunch in his home, supper club-style. You have to RSVP, and it's best if Nigel knows you. Thankfully, we're in the know because his food is AMAZING! Megan and I ordered two different sandwiches and split them, so we could try more things. I ordered the Breakfast Sandwich with sides of Roasted Potatoes and Sauteed Kale.


Here's a close-up of the breakfast sandwich — tofu scramble, spinach, vegan cheddar, and veggie bacon. So good


Megan went with the Black Bean Wrap and Sauteed Kale.


We each took half of one another's sandwiches. I'm usually one who prefers plant meat over beans, but Nigel knows how to do a black bean wrap right! This was amazing and probably my fave over the breakfast sandwich. Black beans, quinoa, carrots and some other veggies, all seasoned to perfection and grilled in the wrap.


My breakfasts at home have mostly been smoothies and vegan egg & sausage breakfast sandwiches (on gluten-free bagels, but I'm saving those pics for an upcoming gluten-free bread review post). I've also been eating plenty of post-run protein waffles. Y'all know I love me some FitQuick Protein Waffles, which have 22 grams of plant-based protein! Here's a Birthday Cake Waffle with Maple Syrup and Banana Soft Serve. Like a birthday party in my mouth!


This morning, I took a cue from Lacy Davis's @lacycrushesfood Instagram account and made these FitQuick Java Chip Protein Pancakes with Maple, Tahini, Bananas, and Blueberries. She'd made the same thing recently (only with the lemon poppyseed Fitquick instead of java chip), and I couldn't stop thinking about that tahini on those pancakes. It was my first time making FitQuick waffles as pancakes, and they were awesome! Light and fluffy and gluten-free and protein-packed!


Okay, more pics to come tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, birthday cake waffle! That looks and sounds incredible!

Sarah said...

I love random meal wrap up posts too :) You always eat such delicious food, it makes me all jealous! Everything looks great as always and that birthday cake waffle is amazing.